Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Should I Really be doing this?

Should I just go to sleep? I have a full-time job to show up to tomorrow morning, in the afternoon I will be taking care of my 3 kids as my wife heads off to work then I will be working on my bachelor's degree in business management. After that I will probably be where I am right now, lying in bed thinking about what else I could be doing, besides sleep of course. I've been having this increasing feeling that I should be writing more. I have a lot of interests and knowledge in a lot of areas that I think I should be sharing with the world. I also have some odd opinions that I often wonder if others share. I've tried to connect with like minded people through Facebook, Google+, and twitter but the conversation gets drowned out by all the background noise. Maybe I just need a simple platform and workflow to get my ideas out there. I can't promise that they will be profound in any way but I can promise that they are mine. This blog is about whatever the hell I feel like sharing, whether it's my drawings, my photography or my thoughts. Seems simple enough, let's see how it goes.
With that, I'm going to sleep now.
Until next time,
Joe Martin

2 comments:

  1. Joe, I am really glad to see this blog! There are a lot of similarities between this post and my life. I, too, have felt the desire to write more. I don't know how to fit it into my already busy schedule, but it's such a strong knack, I find a way to do it. My ultimate goal (which I haven't been able to do yet) is to limit my social media use altogether, and focus primarily on my blog. I totally agree about good conversations being drowned by background noise! As an artist, I am excited to read your posts on photography and your drawings. As a tech-geek, I have already enjoyed your iPad to Nexus blog. And I look forward to reading your other stuff too. Sometimes, the "whatever you feel like sharing" blogs are far more entertaining and informative than others. :) Wishing you much success in all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments and the success wishes. I've tried blogging before but I was trying to satisfy what successful bloggers have been telling me, stick to one topic, It never worked before. For now on I'm just going to share what I want to share and that's that. See ya around. :)

    ReplyDelete